Needle punched nonwoven geotextile for separation, filtration and protection
Bontec SNW are needle punched specially bonded geotextile designed to offer outstanding performance at a lower thickness compared to traditional protection geotextiles. The principal functions of SNW are protection, separation and filtration.
Through the optimum combination of polymer and our unique production technology, our SNW product range is the lower thickness alternative to standard geotextiles for protection of impermeable membranes in landfill and reservoir construction as well as for coastal protection from erosion below rock and concrete defences.
Specially engineered SNW product types with UV additives are available for geobags for coastal or riverbank protection and other applications.
- SNW nonwoven geotextiles are produced using 100% virgin polypropylene staple fibres
- Available in weights of 120 to 1000 g/m²
- CBR puncture resistance up to 12 kN available
- Rolls are 5.25 m wide, other widths available on demand
- Standard roll length 100 m
- Coastal engineering
Features and benefits
- Minimal 100 year durability
- Maximum performance to cost ratios
- High elongation
- High damage resistance even for the most demanding fill types
- Excellent resistance to acids and alkalis at ambient temperatures
- High UV resistance for requested product types
- High biological resistance
- High puncture resistance and tensile strength
- Outstanding protection to membranes and liners (for landfills, reservoirs)
- High permeability and fine pore size
- Ideal for more demanding applications – for example coastal engineering
- Significant reduction of carbon footprint and costs compared to traditional methods
How our products are used
Go back to Bontec geotextiles.